Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Our First DIY Project for the New House

My husband and I inherited a dining set from my grandparents that we knew we wanted to take with us to our new house.  The only problem was that it is a bit outdated and doesn't really fit with our style.  To fix this we decided to reupholster the chairs. We will also redo the china cabinet but that's a bigger project that we won't do until we have a garage to work in.  To reupholster the chairs, I purchased some fabric and a staple gun, then followed the simple tutorial here: http://www.hgtv.com/design/rooms/living-and-dining-rooms/how-to-re-cover-a-dining-room-chair

So far I've only finished 4 of the 6 chairs, but they are looking really nice.

Here's the before picture:

And here's the after:

2 comments:

  1. Love the fabric! Looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We found the fabric at Jo-Ann's and loved the trellis look.

      Delete