Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Daydreaming about design (lighting)

I have been daydreaming about decorating our future home since the minute we walked into the model.  Lately, I have been mainly thinking about lighting options since this will be one of our first projects.  

Bedroom Lighting
We selected ceiling fan prewires in all three bedrooms.  Initially I thought we would put a ceiling fan there, but now I am debating whether we should put up a nice light fixture instead.  I admit that I have been watching too much HGTV, which is causing me to think more about this.  

What type of overhead lighting did you put in your bedrooms, especially the master bedroom?  Are you happy with it?

Main Floor Lighting
For our main floor we want the lighting to flow well since it's all open.  We added prewires in the morning room (our dining room area) and the living room.  We also plan to convert the two recessed lights above our island to pendants.  Here are some of the options we are currently leaning towards.

Morning room light fixture for above our table
Living room light fixture
Option 1 for the kitchen island
Option 2 for the kitchen island
I won't be buying any of these until after we close, so I could end up changing my mind. 

2 comments:

  1. You sound just like me! :) I LOVE HGTV!!! Decorating is one of my favorite parts of this process! I keep making multiple trips to Pier 1, Home Goods, World Market etc. getting ideas, watching for things I like to go on sale and pinning like crazy on Pinterest! I'm finding it hard for me to purchase bigger items for decoration because we have a whole house to furnish. I want to get a feel for the house first, see what is going to coordinate then hopefully put it all together from there! Love the living room fixture, so unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I've been making weekly trips (at a minimum) to Home Goods just to get ideas, and I've been going crazy pinning stuff on pinterest. I literally have a board for every room now, because my home board was getting too big to look at. We're also not planning to buy anything until we move out current stuff in and get a feel for the home. We're going from a ~600 sq ft one bedroom apartment to our 2000+ sq ft townhome, so it's going to take awhile to fully decorate and furnish.

      Delete