Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Master Closet Redesign: Demolition and Painting

We got our big shipment of all of the closet pieces from IKEA a little over a week ago. This really motivated us to get moving on the closet redesign, so we headed to Home Depot to pick out paint. We went with Beach Foam by Behr. 

After we got paint, paint supplies, and extra spackle, we started to remove all of the annoying wire shelving. Luckily we have a driver so my husband was able to get all of the screws out pretty quick and i collected all of the wire shelving to use as storage in the garage later. Then my husband spackled all of the holes while I start putting up the painters tape. We waited a day for the spackle to dry and sanded it. Then we started painting. We really love the way the color turner out, and we're probably going to use it in our master bathroom too. It seemed like the paint RH uses is super absorbent. We went with one level down from the Behr Marquee line and still need about 3 coats. 

We also took a trip to IKEA for a mirror and ended up getting a new light for the closet as well. My husband is getting really good at switching light fixtures so he put up the new one as soon as we got home.

Here are some pictures of our progress:
Before: Light Fixture
Before: Closet
So much tape...
After: paint and light fixture (closed)

After: paint and light fixture (open)
We actually got all of the frames built during the blizzard this past weekend, so I will probably update again later this week.  Hope everyone in the area enjoyed all of the extra snow!