Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mentally furnishing our home

My husband and I are less than two weeks from closing now, and we are so excited.  It is to the point where we talk about the house all the time, so I've started planning what furniture to buy after we close (and pinning like crazy).  Luckily, we close on May 18th shortly before Memorial Day weekend so we're hoping to get some really good deals.  As of right now here is what I'm thinking for each room.

Laundry Room
I'm currently leaning towards the Maytag Bravos XL set, but we'll see what is on sale then decide.

Rec Room
Since we went with such beautiful dark flooring, we want to add some color to our rec room.  Right now we really want to get these pieces from West Elm, but we'll wait until there's a sale.



Main Floor
We are using existing furniture on the main floor, but we are planning to get a new light fixture for the morning room (pictured below) and the living room.  We haven't decided on the fixture for the living room yet.  We also are going to get these new stools from Target for our island.


Master Bedroom
For our master bedroom we have been eyeing the West Elm Stria line.  We'll probably get a king bed, 2 night stands, and one long dresser.

That's all we've picked out for now but I'll update when I get more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment